Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Navasota, TX

We are in Navasota, TX. Today we biked through Burton, TX in the morning and watched a short movie on the cotton gin there. Next we biked to Independence, TX and read through a journal that the people who run the store in Independence keep of all the bikers that pass through. While we were reading the journal we were out on the back porch of the store and noticed two goats standing on top of a miniature house about 8 feet tall. Stef ran to get her camera but they jumped down right as she came back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you visited Navasota! Come again soon.

Bert Miller
Mayor

Anonymous said...

Burton to Navasota, Tx. By Kenneth Payton: A nice ride to get me almost across Texas
Wednesday May 20, 2009, 43 miles (69 km) - Total so far: 2,088 miles (3,361 km)
A nice day of riding, except I gouged the back of my right ankle with the chain ring when I tried to lift my loaded bike when I stopped to take pictures of Texas longhorn cattle. I shed some blood and soiled a sock, but I'll wash the ankle tonight, and it'll be OK. I have a new tetenus shot by the way.

Had bacon, eggs, orange juice and coffee before I pulled away at 7:50 this morning. The wind cooperated most of the day, the hills were moderate. My lunch stop came at 11am at a little country store where I added my name and comments to a log of other cyclists going back five years, which the store owners keep and show to touring cyclists who pass by. One signed in just the day before I did [FYI:Ken Payton is a day behind you guys now. DSW]