Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Entering Louisiana


An afternoon rain storm in Louisiana. It's rained
for an hour then was sunny and warm again.


Pat taking a break from the rain at the
Public Library.



Our host at the historical museum in
Merryville, La. They furnished us with cold
drinks, stories, and a stage to sleep on.


Patrick as a vampire in Merryville, La.


Stef as a vampire in Merryville, La.




















After Fire Chief Kelly met us at the Sheriff's
station, he led us to his lair! We set up camp for
the night in the fire house and watched Larry
King Live on mute. Fire Chief Kelly woke us up
at 7:00 am the next day.




































Fire Cheif Lawrence Kelly and Stef
in front of the fire house. Stef's wearing
the new fire hat Kelly gave us.






























Pat and Kelly.






























We rode over this completely insane road on
the way to Oberlin, La. We are strong and
fearless now. Also, my tire has a huge hole in it
but somehow it was unaffected by this road.







































Birthday Pie!

3 comments:

Ro said...

I thought my favorite part was vampire pictures, and then I thought my favorite part was strength and fearlessness, but now I can't decide. Maybe my favorite part is birthday pie! (And I accidently wrote 'favorite party' that last time, which tells you something!)

Suzanne said...

I agree with Rosie. Many, many favorite parts. Wonderful pictures, wonderful commentary. Can't wait to see the mighty Mississippi!

Bonnie said...

LA looks just like i would have imagined it. Happy Birthday Stefanie! i think the coffin pictures would be great cover art(or inside cover)for your new CD.