Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lane, SC

Tonight I am in Lane, SC on a detour from the Atlantic Coast route to visit a friend in Chapel Hill, NC. Originally I thought that I would try to race there by the Fourth of July which would be 300 miles in three days but it works out better for me to get there on Saturday or Sunday so instead I'll take it easier the next 3 or 4 days after riding 100 miles today. My campsite today is behind the volunteer fire department in Lane which is a nice spot except for that a little bit further behind the fire station are the train tracks, hopefully they don't run too late. This picture is of two chimneys that looked like they were growing out of a maze of vines, probably a house that burned down.

2 comments:

B said...

Wow! 100 miles...You're a biking machine. I mean, you're a bike. Stay well, OK?

Ro said...

you are a bike. it explains some things. yeah, just a bike, on a trip across the country by itself


p.s. nice PIC