Saturday, September 4, 2010

This must be the day when all of my dreams come true

Haven't written anything for a while, sorry about that! I would like to feel confident in my ability to write something compelling and coherent but since my camera broke I feel like nothing is quite blog-worthy. At first when it stopped working I said to myself, "Good! Now I will write about things instead of just putting a bunch of pictures of stuff," but . . . I'm still scared to bore anyone with a giant block of text.

Today we drove across Lake Pontchartrain to Mandeville and then rode our bikes a few miles over to the Abita brewery and we took the free tour. There is a rail-to-trail bike path that runs along the north shore and it was surprisingly nice to ride a bike on a path with neither traffic nor potholes. Any street in New Orleans is a pretty bumpy ride so it was a nice to be able to ride a few miles without getting all rattled around.

Before going on the causeway I was really excited about it for some reason but it turned out to be pretty boring. It's almost 24 miles long and you can't see one side from the other at least on a semi cloudy day like today.

My new record which is a cover of Bob Dylan's album New Morning is done but we haven't taken the picture for the cover yet so it will probably come out sometime next week depending on how the photo shoot goes.