Tuesday, August 16, 2011

In Hilo!

I've been in Hilo for 5 days now! It still seems like I just got here. I flew in on Friday afternoon, Martin and Eve picked me up at the airport and we immediately jumped in the ocean! We walked to downtown Hilo that night and the next day they had a goodbye party for Martin who is leaving for grad school in the mainland in 2 weeks. Sunday we went to a black sand beach near Puna and then Martin and I went to the Mauna Kea observatory visitors center where he volunteers and I got to be a first time volunteer setting up telescopes. Yesterday Martin and I took a long hike around Hilo to Rainbow Falls then to Boiling Pots then to some caves that I forget the name of. Eve and I are still trying to figure out the logistics for our bike trip around the island including getting me a bike! I keep forgetting my camera so I haven't taken any pictures except this cell phone picture from the hike yesterday.

0 comments: