Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thunder Thunder Thunder

I'm making a new album. I usually write the whole thing and then record it over a few days after all of the songs are written but this time I wrote and recorded one song first to be the single so that my friend Juan could make a music video for it. I'm probably gonna record the final vocal take on that tonight or tomorrow along with a "b-side" to release as a single maybe on Sunday or Monday and record the rest of the songs over the next week or so unless I decide over the weekend that half the songs aren't good enough and start over. While I was making "Jonathan Richman" I was thinking that after that I would make a "country/folk" album but once I finished "JR" that idea seemed less exciting and I began making a "60's girl group" album. After writing those songs for a while I became more excited about "rock 'n' roll". The album, which may be called "When I Walk Among The Giants" or may be called something else, is sort of a combination of all three of these ideas although some parts might not seem to fit. Also since I haven't recorded it yet it could turn out completely different. The single is called "Thunder and Lightning", watch out!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Pat...
Check out www.cdbaby.com to get a little better distribution on your recordings. You'd be surprised at how many countries around the planet actually get to listen to your songs once they're in the right distribution channels. Enjoy the fireworks and have a safe and sane 4th.
Hugs,
Unkel Dale